Mother wants closure as son remains missing
Pamela Holford broke down in tears as she made an impassioned appeal for residents to help her search for the “bones” of her only son.
While 31-year-old Sidneato Holford has been missing since January 14, his mother told Barbados TODAY she had struggled and finally accepted that he was no longer alive.
However, she wants a fresh search mounted – this time with more help from Barbadians – to find his remains.
“I looked. I went all in the gully searching [with] my cousin and another fella, then I went with the police and we still ain’t find his body yet,” she said.
The search had been centred around Belle Gully, St Michael, the area Sidneato said he was visiting before he disappeared.
His mother, a resident of 3rd Avenue Licorish Village, St Michael, said she was forced to face the harsh reality of her situation yet again, with the past weekend’s massive coordinated search for missing Rowans, St George resident Karen Harris.
That operation involved police officers, army personnel, sniffer dogs, Red Cross officials, members of the Roving Response Team, and hundreds of Barbadians.
”I would like some people to help me, even if [they’re] not from my neighbourhood. Help me to look for his body because I would like to put it to closure,” she said.
Asked if she believed he was alive, she responded “No . . . If I say that I believe I’ll be lying to myself and my belly don’t tell me that he’s alive.”
The mother also told Barbados Today that Sidneato’s disappearance has affected his 16-year-old son who has been finding it hard to concentrate at school. The missing man also has a one-year-old son.