October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Combermere thrash Graydon Sealy Former champions Graydon Sealy had ... +++

Tragic loss

Mother mourning murdered son

Inez Wall has grown so accustomed to her son Jason Wall telling her how much he loves her, that she cannot imagine life without him doing it.

Jason Wall

Jason Wall

But she is now forced to rely on the memory of hearing those words, as the 33-year-old was gunned down by an unknown assailant around 8:15 last night, as he sat with another person at Belleplaine Housing Area, Belleplaine, St Andrew.

Tears welling up in her eyes and fighting to get the words out, Inez told Barbados TODAY that she was struggling to come to grips with the fact that her fourth of five sons, who was looking forward to celebrating his birthday next Wednesday, was murdered.

Inez Wall remembering her son Jason.

Inez Wall remembering her son Jason.

“He gone from me forever,” the visibly distraught mother said as she sat in her Wildey, St Michael home this afternoon.

The nurse found out about the tragic loss shortly after she arrived home from work yesterday. Her son’s girlfriend went to the house and was hysterical as she informed that Jason was shot and was lying dead on the East Coast road.

“So I called his dad and I told him and he was so shocked. He said, ‘that can’t be true’, because he had not too long spoken with him. He was in St Thomas and was supposed to go to him to pick up something,” Wall recalled.

“So I told him to call Belleplaine Police Station and find out if there was a shooting down there and he called me back to tell me he didn’t get through. I told him call back again because I am getting ready to go down there, I got to go and see about my child.”

She expressed disappointment that it was only after a long wait at the scene that she was allowed to see “only the face” of the deceased.

“From a distance, when the people from the funeral home was taking him off the ground to put him inside the body bag I saw all of his left side, his arm and everything blown to pieces. That person destroyed my son, and I do believe that those injuries that I saw on my son from a distance had to be very close range,” the heartbroken mother said.

“I am not a fool, I am not a doctor, but I know that all of my son’s internal organs have been destroyed. But them still left his beautiful face, thank God for that.”

Inez said she was not aware or informed about her son being involved in any confrontation that may have led to his death.

“He was so loving. My neighbour could tell you that from the time he was a child he would visit her every five minutes and whenever he go he would pick a flower from my beautiful flower garden.

“Whenever he bringing one to me that flower would die. When that flower died he used to be so upset and ask me to wake it up. I would tell he that the flower is not going to open back up.”

Standing not too far away from her grandmother was the victim’s 12-year-old daughter who was silently crying.

The deceased also has an 11-year-old daughter.

According to Inez, the two girls were both excelling at school and were loved by their father.

“He was really looking forward to spending a lot more time with them. He talked to me about it and to the girls about it,” she said.

“But now somebody shot him. You could imagine another young man could kill another young person just like that?”

Police are investigating the death of the young man who resided at Moore’s Land, St John.

11 Responses to Tragic loss

1. Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks
    Cheryl Alleyne-Brooks February 10, 2015 at 12:39 am

Just so sad

2. Rosemary Wall
    Rosemary Wall February 10, 2015 at 3:07 am

Sympathies to the family. Very tragic indeed.

3. Walter Prescod February 10, 2015 at 7:10 am

My condolence to the family and friends

4. seagul February 10, 2015 at 9:49 am

It’s about time as communities to stand and be active against these atrocities not just to utter sadness and condolences. This is about saving ourselves and children.

5. Jackie February 10, 2015 at 11:18 am

Sorry for your loss cuz. This is a total shock. May he rest in peace.

6. shawna wall February 10, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Oh my poor husband, the details are so horrifying, I send prayers of strength to my mother inlaw Inez Wall and my father Charles Wall and all my husbands brothers and sister and his princesses and also to his current girlfriend, my heart breaks and it cries for all of we, Jason was full of love, just in hard times, I know God is too good to let the men that set my husband up, go free. God bless us with closure in this aweful time in our lives.
    I love you forever, until we meet again dear husband

7. Tony Waterman February 10, 2015 at 4:30 pm

It is so sad that after Not Visiting New York City for 17 year, because of Violence i now walk the street of Brooklyn at all hours of the Night, but when i Come to Barbados (Every Year 1 Month) i hardly leave my neighbourhood. the difference ?? Juliani in NYC, Stuart and Brathwaite in Barbados. Competance versus Incompetance.
    This Bajan Massacre will continue, as long as this Government is Forced to comply with all these “”WHITE”” Rules that they have semmingly signed on to, to look good. I really thought that INDEPENDENCE meant doing the things that were good for your Country and Citizens, without Interference from the Former MASTERS (Colonialists) i Guess i had the WRONG notion of INDEPENDENCE.
    Or Perhaps we have to go groveling on our knees to tem for bailout Loans, that we have NO CHOICE. which leads us to where we are Today. SAD SAD SAD.
    We don’t need a New Government, we need a GOVERNMENT of RECONSTRUCTION.
    as independently, they are BOTH ALIKE.
    We need to get rid of the “”WHITEHALL””(COLONIAL) Party System, and start Voting based on Individual Candidates and what they bring to the table. after they are Elected they will then like the USA System Vote a Leader who will be the PM for the Term, with POWERS of RECALL.
    this present system is DESIGNED to keep us DEVIDED, which leads to REGRESS as we have it now NOT PROGRESS
    What do you think ????

8. Pearl February 10, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Sorry about this sad news.
    I don’t understand T Waterman’s comments, firstly because Juliani is white I think. He seems to be contradicting himself. Maybe you can clarify what you mean?

9. Maxine Hutchinson February 10, 2015 at 11:06 pm

I think that you spelt “Divided” wrong. Also, do not blame the government for everything. We who are the adults are guilty, guilty, guilty. We also have to look at our educational system that is geared generally towards certificates and degrees as opposed to educating our people in the studies of Humanism, Ecology, Parenting, Civics, etc. We have to stop the “classism” in our land and see everyone as equals who can excel in some given area. We have to stop being jealous of persons who may be a bit more intellectual and gifted than ourselves. We have to stop putting up blockages in people’s paths to progress. We have to stop assassinating the character of persons on the altar of hypocrisy and lies. We have to try to restore in our people, especially the young ones, that they have worth and that we will promise to treat them with fairness from henceforth. By extension, we have to see all others as beings of worth.

10. Al Wright February 11, 2015 at 12:09 am

I am saddened by the constant reports of the deaths committed on mankind where ever we are. I am saddened by man’s inhumanity to man. I am saddened to see the lack of caring for each other, and the hate which permeates our society. I am saddened when I read of young people turning to a life of crime because they think the can accomplish the many good things in life without sweating as our forefathers and mothers, and many of us did. I am saddened when I read of the blame being placed on the government when we are the same ones, the electorate, who place them in power. I am saddened when I see people have not realized that whatever party, or whoever is elected, we can expect the same outcome because the elected seems to be looking for their own personal gain. I am saddened when I read the news from Barbados and it is as if I’m reading my local paper in the USA. I am saddened when I think that somewhere along the way the nurturing of our young people has been lost as parents pursue those amenities which very often cause neglect in the home and children are left without a care in the world.

Mr Waterman in his comment above has at no time placed responsibility on those who commit crimes. THAT’S WHAT I THINK. Everything is on the politicians as if it were them who commit the crimes. What is there to be said of a society which cannot find recruits for the police force. What is there to be said of a society where members of law enforcement are caught up in the criminal element. Where are the sociologists and clergy, and what are they doing to garner their thoughts by putting heads together, starting with the younger children to stop the pipeline to the life of crime?
    I am as sad as many of you who are reading this.

11. Maureen February 11, 2015 at 12:48 am

Inez this is maureen that went to class at Springer Memorial School with. I am so shock to hear of your sudden loss. May the lord comfort you. May he R.I.P