News Feed

October 26, 2016 - Wanted man bulletin Police are seeking the assistance o ... +++ October 26, 2016 - School feeding programmes could help fight NCDs A food and nutrition official has i ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Government has run out of options – Arthur Government’s fiscal policy is inf ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Sick airline A top official of regional airline ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Teachers back away from court threat The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT ... +++ October 26, 2016 - Beacon supports regulatory move Beacon Insurance Company is giving ... +++

Bravo and Pollard not in squad

Though no official word has come from the West Indies Cricket Board, information emanating from former president of the West Indies Players Association, Dinanath Ramnarine, is that batting all-rounders Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard are not part of the 15-man West Indies World Cup squad for Australia and New Zealand.

The West Indies squad for the World Cup is the only one which to date has not been officially announced. The tournament gets underway next month.

“Confirmed Bravo and Pollard are both out of the 2015 WC,” Ramnarine said on his personal Twitter account this afternoon. Bravo and Pollard had not been selected to the One Day International team to take on South Africa on the current tour.

Responding to Ramnarine’s claim, the WICB told Cricinfo this afternoon that they would “neither confirm nor deny” the news and asked to await a formal team announcement. This is likely to occur sometime within the next 48 hours.

Last month Clive Lloyd’s selection panel dropped the trio of Bravo, Pollard and Darren Sammy from the five-match ODI series against South Africa, starting next Thursday. Fast bowler Jason Holder has replaced Bravo as the ODI captain while Sammy was later added back into the squad.

 The change in the ODI leadership came two months after West Indies pulled out of their tour to India with one ODI, one T20 and three Tests pending, due to a protracted disagreement between the players, the board and the players’ association over the payment structure specified by the players’ revised contracts. Bravo had vocalised the players’ stance in several letters to the WICB and WIPA.

Both Bravo and Pollard have very moderate ODI records. Bravo, 31, has scored 2 968 runs in 164 matches at an average of 25.36 with two centuries and 10 fifties. He has also taken 199 wickets. Pollard has scored 2 042 runs in 91 matches at an average of 25.20 with three centuries and seven fifties. He has also taken 44 wickets.

Source: (cricinfo)

One Response to Bravo and Pollard not in squad

  1. Alex Alleyne January 10, 2015 at 7:54 pm

    They forgot to add RAMDIN to the llist .


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *