October 27, 2016 - United win Manchester derby Juan Mata struck to win a tight Man ... +++ October 27, 2016 - IAAF wants Bolt’s services KINGSTON, Jamaica – IAAF Pres ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Proper shutdown protocol needed, says Bynoe The Department of Emergency Managem ... +++ October 27, 2016 - ‘Out of touch’ Economist Ryan Straughn says the la ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++

Woman in serious condition after chopping incident

A woman was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in serious condition after being chopped about her body by a man.

Police say the incident occurred this morning near Sky Mall, Haggatt Hall.

The victim was rushed to hospital by ambulance, while her attacker is in police custody after being detained near the site of the crime.

Police say the matter is being treated as a domestic dispute.

47 Responses to Woman in serious condition after chopping incident

1. NAKED DEPARTURE - The Trilogy Series
    NAKED DEPARTURE - The Trilogy Series December 10, 2014 at 9:59 am

We wish her a speedy recovery.

2. Patrick Blackman December 10, 2014 at 10:14 am

When is the government going to do something about this domestic violence business? We have to put laws in place that any form of domestic violence results in jail time. The decision to prosecute should solely rest with the police that way the victim cannot stop the prosecution when they get back together. Most of ten the police go to these situations and diffuse the problem without arresting anyone, this should not be the case. The aggressor should be arrested on the spot and let the courts deal with him/her.

3. Jodi Moosberger-Springer
    Jodi Moosberger-Springer December 10, 2014 at 10:17 am

I agree with you domestic violence has been going on way to long. Women an men need to be protected!!!

4. Anne Codgi
    Anne Codgi December 10, 2014 at 10:33 am

Ain hearin women choppin up men its always d men choppin up we

• Mark Smart
      Mark Smart December 10, 2014 at 1:46 pm

True. But you all stab in the back and scald. Neither is correct to do. Violence serves no good. Only a stupid person would resort to hurting their partners or getting violent. That man that chopped that woman to be a stupid idiot.

5. Asiba December 10, 2014 at 10:38 am

I have a song that I paid my own money to a Studio to record but the Radio Stations as irresponsible as they can be, will not play that song. The song is entitled -“Dont Beat the Woman”
    I sang the song in 1994 in the House of Soca Calypso Tent
    and recorded it at Undaground Studio in 2004 because of I believe that the song has a good message that if heard , a life might be saved and at least one case of domestic violence avoided. I am calling on the Radio Stations to play the song. We are not Serious about anything in Barbados.

6. Candace Rivera
    Candace Rivera December 10, 2014 at 10:39 am

Wow sad

7. Patricia Murray
    Patricia Murray December 10, 2014 at 11:07 am

It time violence of any kind stop in Barbados it’s very sad thing ,what about the children and family ??

8. Garcia Jemmott December 10, 2014 at 11:11 am

This goes beyond a “domestic dispute” this is assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to do greivious bodily harm and attempted murder, such charges should be brought againt this man, that would put matter solely in the RBPF hands.

9. Christina Cwills
    Christina Cwills December 10, 2014 at 11:13 am

That’s really sad!

10. Keisha Rakelle
    Keisha Rakelle December 10, 2014 at 11:13 am

I thought people only chopped meat. How can someone chop another human being? This is soooo sad. I hope she will have a speedy recovery and may her attacker get what he or she deserves. God is not sleeping!

11. Neville Bourne
    Neville Bourne December 10, 2014 at 11:19 am

Sad world we live in

12. Juliet Graham Thornhill December 10, 2014 at 11:40 am

This is a very sad situation. My heart goes out to the woman in this case. I agree with those of you who said that domestic violence should be prosecuted as a regular crime. Stop sheltering criminals under the guise of domestic violence.

13. Justice for All December 10, 2014 at 11:45 am

Put the song on social media and let it go viral. Every little bit helps and if this will help domestic violence, I am all for it. I will support you.

I also think that this incident is pre-meditated murder. This man left home with intent to kill this woman. The article sais she was chopped and I believe he had a cutlas. If this is so, who walks around with a cutlas in or near a mall unless he is working. This man should get a life sentence. Every morning he wakes up in jail he is reminded of what he did. This woman may carry around this memory of being chopped up for a long time, if not for ever. JAIL the b…and give him a life sentence.

14. Patricia Gibbs-Green
    Patricia Gibbs-Green December 10, 2014 at 11:46 am

Again omg dat is really sad

15. Stacy Duksey NigWig Darlington-Hinds
    Stacy Duksey NigWig Darlington-Hinds December 10, 2014 at 11:50 am

Catrena G Mayers Natasha Darlington

16. Beverley Headley
    Beverley Headley December 10, 2014 at 11:55 am

This govt does anything about anything? wait and see how dread Barbados will get next year with more massive unemployment on the horizon and unemployment brings anger, crime and the list goes on-this govt need to do the right thing and resign as its clear they can’t get the country manage- everyday there is another ill even among themselves.

• Rohan Hackshaw
      Rohan Hackshaw December 10, 2014 at 12:08 pm

What does a domestic matter got to do with the government. It’s clear who’s side you are on. So when there is a domestic matter in the USA, should the president step down? It doesn’t matter who is in power there are going to be still crime and unemployment.

• Beverley Headley
      Beverley Headley December 10, 2014 at 12:20 pm

U got that dam right whose side I am on and its clear its not this incompetent govt-i don’t do incompetence well just in case u do-i have grown accustom to effective management, competence and proper leadership of my Barbados, so its difficult for me to identify with what we have now, so yes, domestic. Violence and any form of violence should be a concern to all citizens and the govt of the day should have working measures in place to deal with it, not just spitting at the mouth when it suits them and stop telling me crap about the USA or anywhere else for that matter, I am concern with what is happening in my country no matter where I live in the world, Barbados will always be home, therefore, only the best will do!

• Sharon Woolley
      Sharon Woolley December 10, 2014 at 3:27 pm

How the hell can you blame the government on some coward that sees fit to attack a woman ?

• Sarah Sobers
      Sarah Sobers December 10, 2014 at 5:55 pm

beverley…u r an imbecile

• Phoenix Starr
      Phoenix Starr December 10, 2014 at 6:10 pm

i THINK what she meant was that the ADDED pressure will contribute to more strife in households, more anger/hostility…

17. Beverley Headley
    Beverley Headley December 10, 2014 at 11:56 am

What have my little paradise come to in 6 years? May God have mercy on us all.

18. Pat James
    Pat James December 10, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Omg!! That is so sad…when will it end for women? Will keep her in my prs.

19. Shelly Blackman
    Shelly Blackman December 10, 2014 at 12:14 pm

So sad!!

20. Stévia Arthur
    Stévia Arthur December 10, 2014 at 12:21 pm

What a way to end the 16 days of Activism AGAINST gender based violence and on Human Rights Day no less. I hope to see a day when we educate males that women are NOT their property to do what they will and discard however they choose when she does something he doesn’t like. I also hope to see a day when self worth as a SEPARATE and DISTINCT value from sexuality is instilled in females.

• Eddie Smith
      Eddie Smith December 10, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Females need to be educated also that men are not their property. The incidence of abuse by women upon men is significantly under-reported primarily because of the stigma, as well as the reaction of the Police towards the men who do go to them to report

21. Anne Codgi
    Anne Codgi December 10, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Lol women we gotta start bein stronger an tougher lets not b afraid of dese devils around us my last bf threatenin me ta but i ready wen he ready

22. Dwayne Harewood
    Dwayne Harewood December 10, 2014 at 12:37 pm

just how a panadol deals with a headache is the same way jail will deal with a person
    what we need as a society is a higher morality it starts from each person each house each district
    but barbados is going down the road of money before morals because we are trained to think that way from school
    money money greed greed (selfishness) murder too is an act of selfishness
    the inability to control anger is something cultivated from childhood and thats where we need to start

23. Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown December 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm

God be with you Marva woman so kool and simple wow

24. Sammie N. Doyle
    Sammie N. Doyle December 10, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Bajan women need to start packing in order to protect themselves.

25. Kathy Hinds
    Kathy Hinds December 10, 2014 at 1:08 pm

At least the police do something to help you these day not like the 60s they did not want to know said it was between man and wife

26. Ed December 10, 2014 at 1:29 pm

@ Justice for all I’m so glad you’re not sitting on the bench or we would all be in trouble! No details have been shared on what happened but you’ve already determined that it’s premeditated. And before shooting the messenger I think that any act that results in another being hurt deserves stiff punishment. But until we know who started it, how it developed, where the weapon came from, among other things, we ought not to be making statements like yours!

27. sharon December 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm

What in heaven’s name are we waiting 4 whatis the ministers, what if this woman was 1 of urge relatives should then say hang them like the late prime minister we have 2 dosomething

28. orlo December 10, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I think people need to stop generalising every situation with similar attributes. I know both victim and and attacker personally and to be honest everything has its limits. Not justifying it butit was only a matter of time

29. Friendly December 10, 2014 at 1:58 pm

@ Ed. I disagree with you completely, people like justice should be sitting on the bench. The police are treating it as a domestic dispute, what more do you need to know? Maybe the woman stepped out on the man, maybe she told him their relationship was over maybe she even gave him tasteless food. Who cares what she did or did not do!! Any person, man or woman that is capable of that sort of violence needs to be locked away forever with no chance of freedom! I bet if it was a member of your family that this had happened to you would be singing a different tune!!!!!!! I say put him out of his misery. The Ten Commandments are very clear. Thou shalt not kill.. I’d say that was his intention!!

30. stanford December 10, 2014 at 2:25 pm

that gone beyond domestic violence, that is a crime against humanity, man or woman, the criminal needs to be found and dealt with severely.

31. Marie Mc Mahon
    Marie Mc Mahon December 10, 2014 at 2:31 pm

32. Patricia Bovell December 10, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Woman will never be protected from this cause the people that has to make this law is men.i know what I talking about I had a protection order against my husband and if the order finish out on yhe thursday he would start to play the fool from the thursday night .What hurt most is when u call the police them say one thing on the phone and some else when them come them turn on u and join with the man one time I call the police and them tell me go give the man sex and stop annoying them .the police don’t like move especially if them drinking or playing games when them come them does be so vex there a l Ok t more I can say cause I been there

33. Philmore Craigg December 10, 2014 at 3:18 pm

It’s a shame that men in Barbados seem to think it is OK to cut someone with a cutlass of any sort. The law needs to be strengthen to protect the victim weather female or male. The person committing such curel act should be in jail for the remaindwr of their lives without parole. The judicial system in Barbados needs to protect persons against domestic violence. IT IS NOT OK TO BEAT A WOMAN and bajan men need to realise that. I am a bajan and it pains me to read these articles ever so often

34. Dawn Miller December 10, 2014 at 3:57 pm

ED. Whether it was provoked no one deserves to b chopped up.

35. Miche December 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Ok Patrick,,so the government locks up all the guilty persons ,,male or female Found guilty of this behavior,then another,and another,and still others continue; what does this sat to us,,,,, yes,,its not a government problem but a community/FAMILY one to solve,,we must go back to basic Christian family values ,such as a knowledge of God,respect for each other,,honesty, you know the rest,,,Stop thinking that every problem is one that gov, can solve by the wave of a wand.

36. Abused and fed up December 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm

When you call the police and they come. They tell you shit like the only victim is the child and encourage the man to fight for the child and take custody from the mother and treat you the woman like a second class citizen. I know because that happened to me. My husband had hit me on the hand with a cutlass. The police , three cxcs geniuses, need to have more qualifications to enter the force and maybe the training will stick!

37. Devere Smith
    Devere Smith December 10, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Cant say what I want. I will pray about it.

38. Alex Alleyne December 11, 2014 at 6:22 am

We on longer “TALK” , so we fight. Its the cultural penetration from abroad.

39. Asiba December 12, 2014 at 10:13 am

There is nothing like a song playing on the Radio. Radio works
    and works well. The Radio Stations and the advertisers , you must forget the advertisers, are all to blame.