Caves of Barbados CEO takes legal action for wrongful dismissal
The chief executive officer of Caves of Barbados Ltd, which runs Harrison’s Cave, is taking legal action against the Freundel Stuart administration over her termination last week.
Well-placed sources have told Barbados TODAY that last Wednesday, Joanne Grant received her dismissal letter which identified certain claims regarding her management of the attraction in St Thomas as the reason for her termination.
The source said the CEO had been suspended on the same basis since July.
However, it is understood that the former CEO is suing the Government for wrongful dismissal as well as defamation over information made public about her tenure at the state-owned Harrison’s Cave.
Operations Manager Scofield Clarke is acting CEO while Rovell Morris, son of Barbados Ambassador to CARICOM Robert Bobby Morris, is tipped to take over at Caves of Barbados, the source disclosed.
Efforts to reach Acting Minister of Tourism Senator Irene Sandiford-Garner were unsuccessful.