News Feed

October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Remembering David Thompson Today marks the sixth anniversary o ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Today’s weather The Barbados Meteorological office ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Christmas Wonderland is back After a 12-year break, Simpson Moto ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Husbands wins St James South nomination Sandra Husbands has been elected th ... +++

WICB suit

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today said it would “initiate legal proceedings against West Indies Cricket Board” after it players abandoned the Indian tour earlier this month.

The BCCI also announced that “all bilateral tours between BCCI and WICB stand suspended”.

The WICB is meeting in Barbados at this hour to discuss the ramifications of the decision by the players who walked out of the tour following the fourth One-Day International in Dharamsala last Friday.

The BCCI has incurred heavy losses for the abandonment of the series and the decision to take legal action was taken by the all-powerful Working Committee that met to decide the future course of action.

The decision to suspend all cricket tours with West Indies and initiate legal action was taken “unanimously” by the Working Committee members.

“BCCI will initiate legal proceedings against the West Indies Cricket Board due to the abrupt cancellation of this tour. All bilateral tours between BCCI and WICB stand suspended,” BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a brief statement after the meeting.

The BCCI also appreciated the gesture of the Sri Lankan Cricket Board for accepting the offer of playing a five-match ODI series at such a short notice.

“The members appreciated the gesture of the Sri Lankan Cricket Board for having accepted our request to play five ODIs starting from 2nd of November 2014, at such a short notice. This tour is in lieu of their scheduled tour to India next year which will be reciprocated by India touring Sri Lanka in months of July/August 2015,” the statement said.

The venues for the five ODIs will be Cuttack, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Kolkata and Ahmedabad, and the detailed itinerary will be announced shortly.

The statement, however, did not specify the exact period of suspension of cricketing tours between the BCCI and the WICB.

It has been learnt that the majority of the members were in favour of taking a hard stand against the WICB for aborting the tour after playing four ODIs.

The West Indies team was scheduled to play five ODIs, one T20 and three Tests matches during the tour between October 8 and November 19.


One Response to WICB suit

  1. jr smith October 21, 2014 at 1:41 pm

    WEST INDIAN CRICKET, what is it. who controls it, who manages it. This never seems to have proper management.
    There is always a bunch of jokers.
    How could the world take us seriously, always the laughing stock.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *