October 25, 2016 - Vehicle overturns at Warrens Police say no injuries were reporte ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Digital direction Send and receive money digitally, e ... +++ October 25, 2016 - GG winding down school visits In a matter of weeks, once all goes ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Husbands, Walcott brilliant in Canada TORONTO, Canada – Veteran Bar ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Many positives on Windies A tour DAMBULLA, Sri Lanka – Head co ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Dismissal of iMart cashier raises eyebrows The Labour Department is said to be ... +++

Ince blasts private sector

Government legislator Jepter Ince has blasted the private sector, describing it as “nothing more than a parasitic plant”.

The Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs leveled the harsh criticism last evening at a Democratic Labour Party (DLP) constituency meeting in St James South.

He lambasted members of the grouping for criticizing the administration, while at the same time withholding financial support for some initiatives that would have benefited them, such as molasses tanks at the Bridgetown Port.

Government legislator Jepter Ince.

Government legislator Jepter Ince.

“You hear private sector associations criticizing this Government about the approach to implementation when every decision to carry the country forward is made by Government when they should be working hand-in-hand in bringing ideas on how we are going to carrying the country forward. But you would hear that ‘this Government doesn’t know what [it is] doing’,” Ince said.

“When you are going to criticize, be on good footing. Don’t criticize because of political agenda and a lot of the criticisms I hear coming out of the private sector have political agendas,” he charged.

He took issue with the private sector’s lack on action on redeveloping Sam Lord’s Castle and also made mention of the contentious decision to bring the Jamaican hotel brand Sandals to the country.

“Government took the initiative for [saving] Almond Beach . . . took the initiative that Barbados needs brands, we need flagships [hotels]. We took the initiative to bring a Sandals to Barbados and was heavily criticized for it when those who understand and have the know-how refused to take the initiative as far as Almond Beach was concerned. But now Government took the initiative, it was wrong.”

Ince defended the DLP’s stewardship of the country, stating it had done well in spite of the economic challenges.

He said the Government needed to stay the course.

“We are going to make tough decisions where they are necessary to protect the integrity of the people of Barbados and to protect our social and economic infrastructure,” he stressed.

“Sometimes you hear a lot of the criticism of the Government by persons who are saying that we are not managing well, by persons who say we need to change leadership, that we don’t know what direction we are going in. I am saying to you that tomorrow morning when all of us arise from our sleep that the critical services, those things that matter to Barbadians, are going to be intact,” Ince said.

22 Responses to Ince blasts private sector

1. Nelson Darwin
    Nelson Darwin October 14, 2014 at 8:03 am
  2. Nelson Darwin
    Nelson Darwin October 14, 2014 at 8:03 am
  3. Sean Chandler
    Sean Chandler October 14, 2014 at 8:20 am

business as usual – finger-pointing and “the economic situation” – no chance of moving forward with this lot

4. Beverley Headley
    Beverley Headley October 14, 2014 at 8:46 am

Humpty dumpty

5. Martyn Ackee Tree
    Martyn Ackee Tree October 14, 2014 at 8:49 am

Jepter is my friend, I have often times head him speak at length, I have had the opportunity to question and exchange discussion with this gentleman. He does have Barbados at heart, problem is that he is involved with a government that currently has the reigns of governance in this country and this association has has blinded him. I say, if you are not pleased with the private sector then engage them, don’t call them out in public. Calling them out in public will not accomplish much other that clamping down.

• Bruno Koegler
      Bruno Koegler October 14, 2014 at 10:31 am

wow, you are lucky, I had a meetup with him, he never replied my mails, of course, it concerned only a few hundreds of jobs, who cares, BB don’t need any jobs 😛

6. Larry LjDejay Kinch
    Larry LjDejay Kinch October 14, 2014 at 8:50 am

FOOL. 1. a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.
    2. a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement: the court fool.
    3. a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid: to make a fool of someone.
    4. an ardent enthusiast who cannot resist an opportunity to indulge an enthusiasm (usually preceded by a present participle):

7. Coloured Man
    Coloured Man October 14, 2014 at 8:53 am

These ppl take bajan for a down hill ride there don’t care about us

8. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood October 14, 2014 at 9:09 am

Who is this man ? I see him in dreams seriously who is he ? I’m a spiritual person for years and years this man comes to me why ? I don’t know

9. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood October 14, 2014 at 9:14 am

Please someone tell me who he is?

10. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood October 14, 2014 at 9:19 am

From what I’ve been reading he’s not a nice person. He comes to me in dreams laughing loudly sitting on a bench. Its weird. I’m not joking its freaked me out

11. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua October 14, 2014 at 9:37 am

Why eveyrthing and everyone with the name government attach to it seem to a joke these days…

12. Bruno Koegler
    Bruno Koegler October 14, 2014 at 10:35 am

I had a meetup with him, he never replied anything, unpolite, of course, it concerned only a few hundreds of jobs, who cares, BB don’t need any jobs 🙂

13. Sandra Madea Straker
    Sandra Madea Straker October 14, 2014 at 10:55 am

I always know he is a cant talk idiot…

14. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock October 14, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Is this the same private sector that help put you in government.

15. John Nicholls
    John Nicholls October 14, 2014 at 1:44 pm

What nonsence.Sounds like frustration point has been reached. And this from a man that was once in a large private sector company as a financial advisor.

16. Wayne Norville
    Wayne Norville October 14, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I know eventually it would get to them, while the poor people were getting sent home they didn’t care, now the same Government that they are backing are turning on them, what goes around comes around.

17. Tony Waterman October 14, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Mr.Ince!!!!!! After Reading what you had to say, the only conclusion that i can come to is that you are “”DEAF, BLIND and DUMB,

18. Carolyn Robertson
    Carolyn Robertson October 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm

you should know you been there

19. Tony Webster October 14, 2014 at 5:36 pm

This gentleman (yes, I use the term very loosely indeed), makes many contributions to the national debates, in the “Upper Chamber” of our Parliament. Yes, I sometimes find my FM radio tuned to 100.7 FM, and listen mainly to hear what our independent Senators have to say. Because of this, I sometimes encounter and am subjected to his multitudinous errant missiles and rants…and have come to judge his contributions…by their “decibel intensity”…the higher the decibels…the less their relevance. And yes, I also wince, at the fortitude which his co-Senators must have to summon-up, to endure his “performances”. Could write a book..on ” How not to be a Senator”… Or summuch.