October 21, 2016 - Wrath of Khan ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates  ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++

Fatal accident on Spring Garden Highway

A 44 year old woman is this island’s latest road fatality.

Rosean Moore of Danesbury, Black Rock, St Michael, died on the spot after she was struck by a gray Toyota Corolla motor car while walking just outside the desalination plant on the Spring Garden Highway.

Rosean Moore in her prime

A recent image of Rosean Moore

Her mother Carrol subsequently identified her body. With tears streaming down her eyes, the mother told Barbados TODAY that Moore, a Jehovah Witness, was at the time about to embark on her usual Saturday morning door to door missionary work.

Lawmen have closed off a section of the road near Brighton following the 8:45 a.m. accident.

(Pictures and more details to come)

15 Responses to Fatal accident on Spring Garden Highway

1. Liz Forde
    Liz Forde August 30, 2014 at 12:18 pm

so sad

2. Ali Johannes
    Ali Johannes August 30, 2014 at 12:25 pm

3. Anika D Benj
    Anika D Benj August 30, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Condolences to her family

4. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce August 30, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Very sad. Condolences to the family.

5. Ryan Bayne
    Ryan Bayne August 30, 2014 at 12:51 pm

My condolences.

6. Gwendolyn Walkes
    Gwendolyn Walkes August 30, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Condolences to her family,

7. Rax August 30, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Spring Garden Highway has always been a “death trap” for pedestrians, especially those trying to cross the highway for a sea bath. Maybe one of these years a pedestrian walkover will finally be erected, not sure how many more people will have to be injured or die before this happens. During school holidays the highway becomes a game of “chicken” for children trying to cross the highway with the junction at Brighton Hill being especially more dangerous as the road has 3 lanes.

8. Stanley S Grant
    Stanley S Grant August 30, 2014 at 2:07 pm

May soul rest in peace, condolences to her family

9. Margaret Wiltshire
    Margaret Wiltshire August 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm

My deepest sympathy

10. Sophia Bailey
    Sophia Bailey August 30, 2014 at 3:29 pm

RIP Rosean, condolences to the family

11. Wizzie Seali-Inniss August 30, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Rosean I shall sorely miss you, you was a very honest and loving person. I met you in the 1980s through my sister who when to school with you at St. Lenard girl school. We were friends from that day until your untimely death, and not even death will stop me from carrying on that friendship we both cherished so much. when I heard the news of your passing about 45 minutes ago from your sister I was going through the JW. ORG WEB SITE and you came to me and I said, it a little while I don’t hear Rosean not knowing that some one has taken you away from me for good. You was always committed to spreading the message of Jehovah and you died doing what you love best spreading the word of your faith. My condolences goes out to the St. Lenard old scholar association, to her Jehovah witness family, friends and home circle. Rosean R.I.P

12. Christopher Seale August 30, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Your smile and Witt will always be with me you inspired me to reach for the stars now when I look to the sky day or night I will always see you smiling you are an inspiration
    RIP Rosean From Chris and the twins and all in London

13. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua August 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Condolences to her family…..May her soul find peaceful rest

14. Pamela Weekes
    Pamela Weekes August 31, 2014 at 8:10 am

RIP condolences to her family so sad

15. still struggling October 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Sad to say 5 years since my dad came from Canada and got killed the say way. What and how many more before changes are made?