October 25, 2016 - Police officer dies suddenly The Royal Barbados Police Force is ... +++ October 25, 2016 - St Peter woman arrested and charged A 26-year-old St Peter woman has be ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Vehicle overturns at Warrens Police say no injuries were reporte ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Digital direction Send and receive money digitally, e ... +++ October 25, 2016 - GG winding down school visits In a matter of weeks, once all goes ... +++ October 25, 2016 - Husbands, Walcott brilliant in Canada TORONTO, Canada – Veteran Bar ... +++

Missing girl safe

Shaniqua Thomas

The 16-year-old girl who went missing last week has turned up safe.

Police say Shaniqua Ikemia Thomas, of Cummins Road, Brittons Hill, St Michael, showed up at the Hastings Police Station last night.

No other information was provided.

Thomas left home between 9 pm last week Thursday and 7.15 am the following day.

20 Responses to Missing girl safe

1. Diane Cummins
    Diane Cummins August 19, 2014 at 8:11 am

True, Kathie. We are often quick to condemn but we don’t know what her circumstances at home are or what problems she is facing generally.

2. Mhizz Joan Moore
    Mhizz Joan Moore August 19, 2014 at 8:12 am

These girls going out and get the cocky and then coming home as soon as the parents report them missing,the truth is I tired ah hearing bout them……….the don’t want to obey the parents cause the feel them is big women an could do what the feel like…………but I tell ya not at me so ya might as well run away if ya gine try it

3. Dexter Squires
    Dexter Squires August 19, 2014 at 8:12 am

maybe nun of the above…she went n had fun thats all..

4. Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson August 19, 2014 at 8:13 am

5. Lady-Stylez Pilgrim
    Lady-Stylez Pilgrim August 19, 2014 at 8:38 am

No one but her and her family knows the situation. Some parents today tend to forget that children need love and attention not vanity, neither to be burdened with the parents’ responsibilities. Becoming rebellious and go out there searching for the things they lack at home and become easily mislead. This is just my view

6. Nakita Carter
    Nakita Carter August 19, 2014 at 8:42 am

I am tired about hearing about these girls …God forbid one day one of them really turns out to be hurt but come on man one just have an idea from the description at 16 you tattooed and pierced up …( you already will be judged) some maybe vex with what I am saying but nowadays these girl just want to be grown to quickly

7. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood August 19, 2014 at 8:44 am

God bless her I’m pleased to read she’s safe

8. Pamela Weekes
    Pamela Weekes August 19, 2014 at 8:52 am

9. Lise Hansen
    Lise Hansen August 19, 2014 at 8:53 am

no matter what …. she is safe …. ( Maybe you should have “Night Owls” patrolling your streets at night …. it actually makes a BIG difference …. )

10. Jai Prescott
    Jai Prescott August 19, 2014 at 8:54 am

I just think that if you are woman enough to sleep out you should be woman enough to say where you are going. Save your family the heartache and don’t waste the police time!

11. Gina Harewood
    Gina Harewood August 19, 2014 at 9:01 am

I remember being 16 and thinking I was a big woman who knows it all I’m 52 and still don’t it all lol 16 she’s just a baby when I think back I’m horrified at the dangers I put myself in. Her mother and family must be out of there mind with worry god bless them but a stubborn 16year-old girl is a headache I know I was and when I become pregnant. My dads words to me was I hope your child is just like your self lol and she is stubborn and a headache. I’ve got six grandchildren I hope none of them follow me I want them to do good with there lives 5grandsons to become cricketers stars my 1granddaughter to become miss world lol we all dream but thank god the young girl is safe a couple lashes licks will not sort nothing it never stop me who don’t ear must feel having a baby made me grow up

12. Nakita Xiv Iniestaxavivilla
    Nakita Xiv Iniestaxavivilla August 19, 2014 at 10:02 am

If she was getting abuse at home she won’t have 2 tattoos at 16…..2 tatts at 16 suggests that you don’t hear one ass… I said b4 GO HOME…..u getting abuse and the only time you can run away is AT NIGHT??? What about after school/when you pretend to go to school….stupse STOP WORRYING ABOUT ADULT THINGS AT 16……ADULT LIFE ONLY LOOKS NICE FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. Treasure being young and beautiful….capitalize on your education and be patient….Nothing is missing you.

13. Grace Bell
    Grace Bell August 19, 2014 at 10:26 am

Thank God! Amen!

14. The Voice. August 19, 2014 at 10:31 am

Well that is your opinion Ms. Prescott but honestly you have no idea what this girl could have been going through. Teenagers these days are running away from home as a cry for help. You do not know anything about this girl, whether she was sexually, physically or emotionally abused at home . You don’t know the reason for her actions. It isn’t about being woman enough to sleep out, It’s about being brave enough to get out and speak up.

15. Nicksie No Regrets Clarke
    Nicksie No Regrets Clarke August 19, 2014 at 10:38 am

i don’t even blink when i see these missing gȊ̊rl reports. Hardly ever is it a situation when they are actually in danger. They are always where they want to be with who they want to be with and they go back home when they feel like. i stating facts too so i don’t care who get vex and tell me off neither. Why is it we never hear about missing little boys?

16. Rawle Spooner
    Rawle Spooner August 19, 2014 at 11:37 am

She like the others before her was probally just spending time with some older guy,better stop crying wolf parents to blame for these so call runaway girls.

• Angela Maria
      Angela Maria August 19, 2014 at 12:16 pm

And who is to blame for the nasty ass, older men who encourage them and who these girls run to?

17. Angela Maria
    Angela Maria August 19, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Usually when a young girl in Bim runs away from home,they are running TO somebody. Usually it is an older man. Seems to be that while half the problem is that the little girls want to grow up too fast, the other half of the problem is the FACT that too many husbands, boyfriends, brothers, uncles and daddies, here in Bim, are sexual predators.

18. Dexter Squires
    Dexter Squires August 19, 2014 at 12:59 pm

who say it was a man she went by?… it could be a woman she went by too…hmm open ya eyes ppl,cause u dont see these young girls with meñ u does see dem wid females n feel its all ok…