October 27, 2016 - United win Manchester derby Juan Mata struck to win a tight Man ... +++ October 27, 2016 - IAAF wants Bolt’s services KINGSTON, Jamaica – IAAF Pres ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Proper shutdown protocol needed, says Bynoe The Department of Emergency Managem ... +++ October 27, 2016 - ‘Out of touch’ Economist Ryan Straughn says the la ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++

Police investigate St James murder

Police are investigating a suspected murder in Fitts Village, St James last night.

Mark Walton, 23, was fatally shot around 11 pm.

From initial investigations, Walton was at a bus shed in the area when he was accosted by two men, one of whom shot him and fled the scene.

Walton then ran away from the bus shed in a southerly direction and fell.

He died at the scene.

21 Responses to Police investigate St James murder

1. Alleyna Brathwaite
    Alleyna Brathwaite August 5, 2014 at 11:50 am

O my…i am so saddened by this

2. Roger Rudder
    Roger Rudder August 5, 2014 at 11:52 am

Barbadian Police should stop and frisk males for guns and other weapons. Too many shootings. To do it without bias. Frisk males living on the island.

• Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva
      Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva August 5, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Police cannot just go around frisking people…get real!

• Roger Rudder
      Roger Rudder August 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm

The way Barbados is heading, it is the best of the worst worlds. Of course the rich kids are not going to be targeted. But still it is better than the climate now. But I did not say people. I said males. In that way it would be least bias because females are not shooting it up.

• Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva
      Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva August 5, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Males? That is worse yet, it’s discrimination!

• Roger Rudder
      Roger Rudder August 5, 2014 at 1:08 pm

No. Balls shooting balls. Why waste time frisking Gina?

• NathAn Salcedo
      NathAn Salcedo August 5, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Why somebody dont stop check n frisk ya mudda?

• Ormond M August 21, 2014 at 9:57 am

Serious action is needed now yes frisking is right

3. Adrian M Chase
    Adrian M Chase August 5, 2014 at 11:59 am

Yeah….lotta good stop and frisk does in NY…. stupse.

4. Liz Forde
    Liz Forde August 5, 2014 at 12:03 pm

this is so sad

5. Suzanne Nurse
    Suzanne Nurse August 5, 2014 at 12:10 pm

6. Jon Near
    Jon Near August 5, 2014 at 12:18 pm

We’re coming over Christmas time. I’m not holding all Bajan’s responsible for this sad outbreak of gun violence on the island but as a visitor its certainly going to make me warier of people there, especially as I’m bringing my family over. Sad times..

• Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva
      Maria Leclair Rose Dasilva August 5, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Keep a low profile and your holiday should be good…most victims are more than likely associated to criminal activity themselves in one way or another.

7. Adrian M Chase
    Adrian M Chase August 5, 2014 at 12:28 pm

^^^ Any more wary than the people in your own country?

8. Shanny Livingmylifetothefullest Chandler
    Shanny Livingmylifetothefullest Chandler August 5, 2014 at 12:33 pm

This crazy

9. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce August 5, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Wow!!!! I am 100% sure guns and bullets are not on the education curriculum and not part of the school equipment. The Morons have no respect for life or the law. We heard and saw a young man boasting, passing the Police at the top of Bridge Gap ‘a police got beat up and wanna can’t do nothing’ we also found police officers lack manners towards the citizens i.e. good afternoon and not one officer replied. We were brought have respect for each other and have manners and we have passed down the Barbadian Tradition from our grand parents and parents to our children. Manners cost nothing. As I said before this nonsense have to stop it is not looking good.

10. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce August 5, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I got to come real dark with stupid comments about murder in other countries like US or Europe. Look Bim is 166 a small beautiful island not because Jack Asses without a tails or brain natural born killers going around killing should be class as NORMAL because every spaced out moron in other countries around the World is doing it. Lets start looking at the background of the young people from whence they came. We should be able to spot the trouble makers from nursery right up to secondary school. Some parents and their future law breakers needs counselling.

11. Dione Norris
    Dione Norris August 5, 2014 at 1:17 pm

@adrian m chase. (slow clap)

12. Jon Near
    Jon Near August 5, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Adrian. You’ve taken my comment wrong. Yeah I would be far more wary of a stranger approaching me in the street where I live and demanding I hand over 20 dollars! Its called mugging over here but normal practice over there if you get out of a car with a ‘H’ plate. Also we use pounds so it would be slightly strange if they asked for dollars. I refused once cos I got so pissed off with it one year and got told I treated black people like dogs. In fact that’s not the whole truth the gentleman in question was actually pointing at me and shouting it to anyone that would listen. I’d only nipped to the chemist to get some aloe. Made me laugh so much I actually gave the man some money in the end just for the amusement factor. Those are the people I’ll be more wary of. The ones that bowl over and ask for money. Their probably the sort of people you don’t have to deal with on a daily basis if you actually live there.

13. NathAn Salcedo
    NathAn Salcedo August 5, 2014 at 5:59 pm

This serious

14. Daniel Polonis
    Daniel Polonis August 5, 2014 at 6:13 pm

This looks like it was not random, Police didnt call it a robbery. Criminals evolve faster than the Police seem to. This will only get worse, I dont know how the Police did on their recent audit by an organization from the U.S…but it starts with giving them the resources they need. giving them salaries and benefits that will curb corruption, equipment that can give them options, i.e TASERs, computerized CADs to monitor movement and response times. the ability to hire and retain quality officers. the other half of the equation is the people in the uniform, if your wearing it for a paycheck.. or to get some form of power over don’t belong. 99% of the Police I have encountered here are good officers..but it only takes one bad one to undo all the good the others do. I am saddened by the loss of life and the violence that is becoming all to common here, the people dont deserve it and the economy cant handle it.