News Feed

October 22, 2016 - Helping Haiti The Help Haiti Today Radiothon, has ... +++ October 22, 2016 - St James man nursing stab wounds One woman is assisting police with ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Teen remanded Eighteen-year-old Adam Harris of En ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Police probe Wildey fire Police are investigating a fire whi ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Intrigue among Barbados Pride With the start of the 2016-17 West ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Water hope Relief could soon be on the way for ... +++

Barrack issue still unsettled

The dispute between government and contractor Al Barrack is still not settled.

Al Barrack

Al Barrack

That’s the position of Barrack’s attorney, Queen’s Counsel Maurice King who said today he had no idea where information in another section of the Press that a deal had been struck, had come from.

He told Barbados TODAY that as far as he knew, the matter of payment for his client was still under negotiation.

The media report said that Cabinet had agreed to hand over the Warrens Office Complex to Barrack and pay him an additional $13 million to make up the difference between the value of the building and the over $73 million owed to him for his part in completing the office complex.

Two weeks ago, when the parties met in the High Court seeking a settlement, the case was adjourned and no new date was set for the hearing.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *