October 21, 2016 - Teenager bamboozles England Teenage off-spinner Mehedi Hasan to ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Local weed cultivation on the rise Marijuana cultivation is on the ris ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Pollard vents on his failed UAE tour PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Kie ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Teen faces indecency charge A St George teen who was charged in ... +++ October 21, 2016 - GAIA wage dispute resolution in sight A prolonged and sometimes bitter wa ... +++ October 21, 2016 - Combermere thrash Graydon Sealy Former champions Graydon Sealy had ... +++

Kareen’s journey ends on The Voice

Barbadian singer Kareen Clarke is back home after not being successful in her audition for NBC’s The Voice, but she is vowing to continue her efforts to build an international music career.

Kareen Clarke waiting in line for her chance at being The Voice

Kareen Clarke waiting in line for her chance at being The Voice

Clarke did not get past the auditions, but said one of the highlights of her trip was a one-on-one coaching session with Romeo Johnson, a former official vocal coach and casting vocal consultant of The Voice.

“The experience was humbling and a tremendous learning opportunity for me,” she said in a statement issued today, adding that although she did not make it further in the competition, she wanted to continue building an international music career and promoting the talent within Barbados.

She extended her heartfelt thanks to the partners and many supporters who assisted in some way towards her participation in the auditions. (PR)

17 Responses to Kareen’s journey ends on The Voice

1. Ryan Smith
    Ryan Smith June 12, 2014 at 11:09 pm

wish I could have heard it

2. Regina Worrell
    Regina Worrell June 12, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Veronica Price, our girl like she ain get through to the next round. I wish her luck next time around.

3. Shauntelle Best
    Shauntelle Best June 12, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Delayed but not denied, as long as you did your best,then that’s all that really matters,Your season for greater things is within reach,keep on soaring.

4. Hope Bless
    Hope Bless June 12, 2014 at 11:28 pm

You are still a winner Bajan queen

5. Ryan Williams
    Ryan Williams June 12, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Well, i did say she was not cut out for such a competition- i have heard her sing, and i have also seen every possible episode of the voice- Her voice is not good enough. Guess the lord decided against her prayers.

6. Wayne P Hoyte
    Wayne P Hoyte June 12, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Clarke did not get past the auditions,

7. Sharon Michelle Babb
    Sharon Michelle Babb June 13, 2014 at 12:03 am

So she went to audition without realizing that she was ineligible because she is not a legal resident of the US? That is a basic fact she should’ve known prior to leaving the island.

8. Adrian M Chase
    Adrian M Chase June 13, 2014 at 12:25 am

9. Carol A. Barnett
    Carol A. Barnett June 13, 2014 at 1:14 am

“A” for effort. Some never got THAT far. Good job.

10. Queenn Kareen
    Queenn Kareen June 13, 2014 at 3:01 am

Thank you BARBADOS TODAY for staying connected to the building of my dream. It was a real FAITH journey. The experience is memorable and it has birthed in me a new and exciting zeal as an artist. Both my auditions went well. I have tasted it and now I want it; and I shall have it. I also want to thank all of you for your online support, prayers and inbox messages of well wishes. It meant and still means a lot.

Allow me now to address purpose driven folks like myself with an eagle-like spirit and vision, a pit-bull mentality and a mountain moving tenacious faith – no matter what, don’t give up; don’t give in; you can do it! When I had initially signed up for this journey I was met by a legitimate road block. But this inner voice kept telling me ‘do it’. I reasoned inwardly why i couldn’t do it, but something inside me kept pushing me to do it. And i did! That leap of faith caused doors of favor to open up for me in Barbados, In New Orleans and believe it or not in Washington DC! Washington was not even on the cards!!! But God made a way! His way is perfect! Granted, the results I had hoped for didn’t manifest in this season, but His results did! And my faith has surely grown by leaps and bounds and I am more determined than ever! Because what I thought legitimately was a blockage, God unblocked it!! Easy peasy so!! And you know what was very heart warming to me as well, when I showed my ID in the form of my Barbados passport and my Audition Pass, they said in a JAMAICAN accent trying to talk bajan, “Ahhh, you from Rihanna’s home….Bubados (emphasis on BUH), good luck momma!”. LOL. From there, I sang my heart out in my auditions, not only to impress my hearers, but because what was set up to deter me, God moved it out of the way! From there it was all faith and no fear!! Everything was effortless! So Don’t be discouraged by anything or anyone; grow in the process; put not your confidence in the GIFT, but in the GIVER OF THE GIFT! His plans and thoughts for your life, and future is true. Be prepared to be tested in the ‘trust in God” area. And be prepared to walk by faith; Because some journeys are not about talent alone! Faith moves and pleases God; and faith without works is dead! If i hadn’t done it, i would have missed on an amazing life changing opportunity, and this moment to be a voice of encouragement to you. Also, make sure your journey is accompanied by others who believe in the same things or person that you do. My management team who accompanied me on the trip and the head of my cheer-leading squad, my loving cousin Felicia Lashley, who drove 7 hours to show here support were an exceptional strength. And, we all had fun!
    Delayal does not mean Denial! And with God all things are possible. Watch me Win!!!
    Trust Him.

• Penny Lopez
      Penny Lopez June 13, 2014 at 8:05 am

Amen and amen. Your gift will continue to make room for you. (Proverbs 18:6)

• Lisa Ras
      Lisa Ras June 13, 2014 at 8:42 am

Miss Clarke you doan know who i is, but i knows you. i en buziness wid your singing really but de fact dat you could create such a buzz while going after ur dreams tell me that u is a celebrity already and u destined for greatness.

• Queenn Kareen
      Queenn Kareen June 13, 2014 at 10:29 am

Felicia Lashley

• Felicia Lashley
      Felicia Lashley June 13, 2014 at 10:40 am

Thanks cuz! I have faith in your talents and your determination! U have worked really hard and I know you will continue this journey…. Stay focused and develop ‘tunnel vision’ to all the negativity…. Put your energy into YOU! You are wayyyyyy braver than I am! You represented Barbados extremely well….. Your entire family is very proud of you!!!!!

• Felicia Lashley
      Felicia Lashley June 13, 2014 at 10:41 am
  11. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce June 13, 2014 at 3:21 am

At least the young lady tried. If she is good at what she does, she only need to be heard. Example: Jennifer Hudson & Lamar.