October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Remembering David Thompson Today marks the sixth anniversary o ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Today’s weather The Barbados Meteorological office ... +++ October 22, 2016 - Lashley urges innovation Minister of Culture, Youth and Spor ... +++

Robbery at Bank Hall

Police are investigating a robbery which occurred earlier this afternoon at Bank Hall, St Michael.

The victim, who did not want to be identified, said her car was broken into while she was working at a Q In The Community event at Pavilion Road, near Empire Sports Club.

When our team arrived around 4 p.m. police were not yet on the scene, but the glass to her Toyota motor car was shattered and there was other visible evidence of forced entry.

The women, who is an employee of LIME, reported that her work laptop was among the items stolen as well as the car’s bass speaker and amp.

“They went into the trunk, [they took] the liquid soap, handbag, all of my personal belongings,” said the woman who added:

“I was told [that] out here is notorious for this type of behaviour.”

After waiting for more than an hour for police, she also complained that “we are just waiting here in vain”.

6 Responses to Robbery at Bank Hall

1. Devere Callender
    Devere Callender May 22, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I hope dats not my vehicle u

2. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua May 23, 2014 at 4:38 am

So sorry to hear this happen to her…but if she got before warning that the area was not safe why temp fate,,,and as for the police not responding…after waiting near an hour..why didn’t she go the DJ; and raise the alarm as ask for assistant from of one..that are many and I mean many police who are at Q every week….

3. Jamelle Clarke
    Jamelle Clarke May 23, 2014 at 5:27 am

I was not aware about the area…the police took over 2 hours to respond…I ask someone to speak to the dj as I didn’t want to leave the car unattended…the police jeep that was nearest to the car when I was going to see what had happen was leaving. I found it very random that my car was the only one broken into but I thank God I still have my live and my bf car.

4. Addison Cortlandt
    Addison Cortlandt May 23, 2014 at 5:36 am

Interesting. Very interesting.

5. Jamar Auto-cross
    Jamar Auto-cross May 23, 2014 at 6:15 am

In 2014 people still saying ” motor car”?!?!?!?!

6. Reberto Carlos May 23, 2014 at 9:59 am

Since when do you call someone’s car being broken into a robbery?