Dwayne Bravo wants back in the West Indies Test line-up
The Trinidad and Tobago all-rounder believes the West Indies selectors have “got it wrong” by excluding him from the Test side over the past few years.
Bravo’s last Test appearance came in December 2010 in Sri Lanka and he said that it had been “disheartening” and “disappointing” watching from the outside.
“To be honest I was very disappointed that I was not able to make the Test squad within that time [since 2010],” Bravo said. “In the little time I’ve played Test cricket, I think I’ve done good enough to still at least be part of West Indies’ Test attack.
“From the selectors down to the coach as well, every day I see them, I abuse them,” Bravo joked. “I keep asking what it is I have to do again to be selected. Obviously, they can’t really give a proper answer so it always finishes off with a small laugh. Nothing really serious comes out of it.”
Bravo, the West Indies ODI captain, is currently in London undergoing rehab following a shoulder injury in Chennai Super Kings’ first IPL match that ruled him out of the ongoing T20 league.
He said that the “hunger is always there” and that he had always showed a desire to continue playing Test cricket despite his many T20 obligations globally in the past couple of years.
Bravo said he was optimistic he could be recalled for the three-Test home series against New Zealand starting June 8 given his recent form. In his 40 Tests, Bravo has made 2200 runs at an average of 31.42 and taken 86 wickets at 39.83. (cricinfo)