October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++

Barbadian cricketer injured in accident

Kemar Roach 1

Barbadian cricketer Kemar Roach had a close call this morning when he apparently lost control of his V8 BMW under slippery road conditions at Wanstead Drive, St Michael around 7.10.

According to reports, the car rolled over several times before landing in the vicinity of the Three Ws Park.

An eyewitness said while Roach was taken from the scene via ambulance, he appeared to be coherent with the only visible injury being a head wound. (Stephen R. Smith/Photo Dynamics Inc.)

Kemar Roach accident 2

32 Responses to Barbadian cricketer injured in accident

1. Jenny Applewhaite
    Jenny Applewhaite April 19, 2014 at 10:47 am

wishing u well kemar

2. Seidre Smith
    Seidre Smith April 19, 2014 at 10:58 am

Oh dear

3. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 19, 2014 at 10:59 am

I heard this is the 3rd car he’s written off. Seriously?

4. Rawle Maycock
    Rawle Maycock April 19, 2014 at 11:02 am

I’m glad you, not seriously injured.

5. PhatKat Kalonji
    PhatKat Kalonji April 19, 2014 at 11:12 am

Enter the speculation and the rumours #bajansboy

• Angela Maria
      Angela Maria April 19, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Not really, all over the world people speculate and spread rumours. It is called human nature.

• Browne-love Jan
      Browne-love Jan April 20, 2014 at 2:16 am

Sad humans..instead of wishing him well and thank GOD he is not badly hurt!..

6. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Chloe John no I can’t as I didnt ask for a thesis on his driving exploits. It was told mentioned to me by someone I consider a trustworthy source.

7. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

8. Matie Siew
    Matie Siew April 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I am thankfull to god that he is alright and not a next road fatally in the newspaper newspaper. Is up to him now not to learn from what happen.

9. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 19, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Reco Phillips, “if he write off three cars at the end of the day it’s his money.” What an sttitude! Life is more important than material things. The accident happen because the driver was reckless i.e speeding lack of due care and attention. He could of exit this world or end up in a wheel chair. Thank God he is lucky to be alive and tell the tale.

10. Doria Alleyne
    Doria Alleyne April 19, 2014 at 1:30 pm

God be with U

11. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 19, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Rico Hinds sir you’ve entirely missed the point. I’m sure if he writes off one of his cars and kills one of your loved ones in the process, you’ll see this from a different perspective and you’ll have regrets. If he continues being reckless and sufferers a career ending injury, I’m certain he too will have regrets.

• Browne-love Jan
      Browne-love Jan April 20, 2014 at 2:14 am

But he killed no one!..people don’t drive with the intention of killing anyone or destroying their car and having the inconvenience of police reports,etc…stupse….people boy..i almost lost my life on the ABC highway during a rainy in my. Car to die…stupseeee…

12. PhatKat Kalonji
    PhatKat Kalonji April 19, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I am speaking about where im located, i cant definitively speak on anyone elses country…i talk what i knw

13. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 19, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Chloe John I go by the assertion that within every rumor (hear say) that there is some truth to be discovered. It may not be 3 but instead 2 cars he’s written off. Or perhaps he’s notorious for reckless endangerment in his driving and had some scrapes. Who knows. What I do know though is that based on the wreckage I see in those pics, he’s no driving angel.

14. Elke Hassell
    Elke Hassell April 19, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Until his reckless driving kills some innocent motorist going about his merry little way home, worst even if his kids are in the car too. Its the sort of ignorant remarks from some on here that I have No understanding for whatsoever. Recklessness doesn’t stop at a pile of metal it can STOP with loss of innocent lives.

15. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward April 20, 2014 at 6:22 am

Browne-love Jan you’re the only fool I see here with those asinine comments that make no sense what so ever.

16. Browne-love Jan
    Browne-love Jan April 20, 2014 at 6:26 am

Haha! God bless you!

17. Tony Webster April 20, 2014 at 6:27 am

What a waste!
    1. Nearly, very nearly, wasted a human life (or several… if any living thing had gotten in the way of this “airplane-on-wheels”).
    2. Wasted a perfectly good “beemer”…series 5 apparently, all “prettied-up” with super-grip wide tyres on with 20″ rims too.
    3. Wasted F/X. Yes, it might be insured, but you know what this REALLY means to Bim? The insurance company (hopefully) gonna hand-over a chq. for , let’s say, BDS$250k; this BDS$ then is then passed to the next excited car-dealer who will then happily order-up a replacement super-car. The dealer, (actually, the car-dealer’s bank) however will FIRST need to get their hands on some US$120k (or the Euro equivalent) from our Central Bank (CBB)
    4. Our CBB will have to take this F/X out of their “pot” of F/X…which just happens to be the same “pot” that we use to buy gasoline and diesel; meat; flour; medicines; CAT-scan machines…and other essentials like whisky, brandy, jewelry, etc….and also vehicles that we (you and me) are getting very good at mashing-up.
    Question is: how full…or near-empty…is the “pot”?
    “Pots” …have bottoms…yes?

The US$120K F/X …MUST be either:-
    (a) previously EARNED by hard-working bajans …and resting comfortably in the CBB’s account overseas. OR
    (b) CBB will need to go BORROW some MORE F/X.. Or
    © CBB will just have to put-off allowing someone to import the next ship-load of flour; or diesel; or medications.
    Hey…Guv Worrell at CBB has enough Super-Sized “F/X Migraines” ; can’t we just use our famous Bajan common-sense; drive more carefully; and help us use our F/X intelligently? WAKE-UP and smell da Coffee folks.

18. Lise Hansen