October 28, 2016 - Death sting No one thought, least of all Jacque ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Woman attacked by masked gunman A woman in her 50s has become the l ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Dutch water As Government struggles to ease the ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Battle-ready The Barbados Pride cricket team has ... +++ October 27, 2016 - United win Manchester derby Juan Mata struck to win a tight Man ... +++ October 27, 2016 - IAAF wants Bolt’s services KINGSTON, Jamaica – IAAF Pres ... +++

Visitor held

A British visitor has been remanded to prison until Tuesday on a criminal charge.

Thomas Rambridge was allegedly  caught searching through the luggage of another visitor, who was apparently staying at the same Apartment building as him.

He was offered $5,000 bail but could not meet the conditions when he appeared before Magistrate Graveney Bannister in the District  ‘A’ Magistrates Court earlier today.

29 Responses to Visitor held

1. Glenda Martin
    Glenda Martin April 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

What is wrong with people???

2. Julie Leenders
    Julie Leenders April 5, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Lol idiot

3. Mhizz Joan Moore
    Mhizz Joan Moore April 5, 2014 at 7:01 pm

got to be more than that to this story

4. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 5, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Law abiding citizens and tourist need to be protected from misfits of society. I did state previously that some tourist are criminals and will commit crime at home and abroad that is their trade. Majority of the hotel staff are honest hard workers and I am glad Robinhood was caught in the act. He’s a disgrace, if he can’t afford the holiday stay at home.

• Robert Holloway
      Robert Holloway April 5, 2014 at 11:42 pm

takes all kinds in any country and low lifes exist sadly but he was caught

5. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Ricardo Williams, that’s what you think. The Brits have a very good sense of humour and they will take the mickey out of him.

6. Matthew Clarke
    Matthew Clarke April 5, 2014 at 8:32 pm

where is the parade of foreigners making silly comments now?…

7. Ali Johannes
    Ali Johannes April 5, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Hmmm, Jamaican held, Vincentian held, Guyanese held, Visitor held …. what’s wrong with this picture?

8. Princess Tiny Neferua
    Princess Tiny Neferua April 5, 2014 at 8:59 pm

My question is,,what did he put in that other person luggage …hummm

9. Robert Holloway
    Robert Holloway April 5, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Given the story is it says , how stupid can one get and in a different country for petty robbery. Hope he is sent home , will have trouble travelling once a conviction

10. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 4:37 am

Special delivery to Dodds handle luggage with care.

11. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 4:44 am

Yeah come on Nichola Condon which airlines are you referring to? I haven’t seen any easy jet planes parked on the runway the past few times I’ve been out there. Correct me if I’m wrong but B.A & Virgin are are the only airlines offering flights to Barbados direct from the UK that I know of. Bmi used to rum a service from Manchester but I believe they used virgin Atlantic craft if my memory serves me correctly.

12. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 4:51 am

And as for stupid comments from visitors. Im british and I hope this pilfering got gets all he deserves. I wouldn’t like to be in his position. White visitor in Dodds? Let’s be honest its not going to be good for him is it. You all seem to be confusing concern with criticism. We’re sad to see your rising crime rate cos we love the country so much, its completely out of character and will put a lot of people off of coming over I’m afraid.

13. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 5:38 am

Rae Charles. No ones ignorant to crime that’s just a ridiculous statement. Every country has an issue with crime that’s accepted, however Barbados has always been viewed as one of the safer islands as the crimes against visitors was perceived to be low, especially violent gun and knife crime. Are you saying that was incorrect and the island has managed to cover such attacks up until now?

14. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 5:38 am

Jon Near, crime would not put a lot of people off from visiting Bim. Lets be honest Barbados have a system of getting the misfits of society off the street and locking them up. I can get on a CLEAN bus with well kept passengers and my family walk about in Barbados, stop at rum shop have a chat with the citizens and feel more safer than in the UK. You try having a good night out in Broad St Bham the drinks get to the idiots head and all hell break loose. When a bajan get drunk they lie down under a tree and sleep. Criminals in the UK get away with alot of nonsense. They get a slap on the wrist and off they go with the ‘Human Rights’ to make some innocent person life a misery. What about the decent law abiding citizens? The best thing about Barbados the island is beautiful and small the morons that think they are above the law will get caught and if they got a bit of sense they will hand themselves in. Love you Barbados.

15. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 5:42 am

And yes we have serious issues with crime in England. Gang culture mainly. It’s a hole, but I don’t have to pay the best part of 18k BDS to be here! I can go get shot in Jamaica for half the price I pay to go Barbados my friend!

16. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 5:53 am

Veroniva Boyce. Wouldn’t it? We’ve been to Barbados every year bar one maybe two for the past decade. I’ve spent a lot of time there, spent even more money there and made a lot of friends there. Unfortunately guns seem to be getting used more and more frequently over there and that will put tourists off. Call us precious call us stupid but if you don’t stop this crime against the people that pump big money into your country you will loose their custom.

17. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 5:56 am

Again stop misinterpreting concern with criticism. No ones saying anything bad against BDS.

18. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 5:58 am

Jon Near, gang culture was always in UK. Reminder: The Eastend of London e.g Krays. I never ever hear of gang culture in Barbados. Who started the gang culture? The Europeans. And the rest of the world with no common sense followed.

19. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 6:11 am

Haha Veroniva Boyce the Europeans started gang culture! Have you seen gangs of New York? Great film. Gangs have been ever present in society, you can’t blame a single continent for all the violence in the world. I blame MTV for spreading sex and materialism worldwide personally. As for bds Gone is the rasta and in his place is the rapper, or so it seems?

20. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 6:19 am

Jon Near, I come from a honest family of hard working tax payers including honest Bajans and other West Indians that help build up Britian. The Brits have always suffered from a touch of amnesia. Never lived off the state. Made in England, Educated in Barbados the best decsion my parents have ever made and I am grateful and to give something back to the community in Bim visit the island and spend with the locals and the UK work with the youth. One thing you got right. Barbados is my country!

21. Jon Near
    Jon Near April 6, 2014 at 6:35 am

Amnesia about what exactly Veroniva Boyce? Why are you being so defensive? I’m not attacking anyone here! I’ve never questioned your morality nor that of your family or bajans! The only thing I would question is your choice in football teams!

22. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 6:39 am

Jon Near, Gang culture having been happening well before MTV. I am not blaming a continent it is true. The Gang culture in the UK stems from some Mothers who only see children as a meal ticket and give them no form of nurturing, stability or discipline there is no attachment. Therefore the youth will go and find attention elsewhere, whether it’s positive or negative. Blame the adults in their lives.

23. Veroniva Boyce
    Veroniva Boyce April 6, 2014 at 6:48 am

Jon Near, I am not defensive about anything. I tell like it is. I am not the the type of person that stray away from the truth. My choice. Arsenal!

24. Matthew Clarke
    Matthew Clarke April 6, 2014 at 9:50 am

i bet this wont make the daily mail