News Feed

October 27, 2016 - IAAF wants Bolt’s services KINGSTON, Jamaica – IAAF Pres ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Proper shutdown protocol needed, says Bynoe The Department of Emergency Managem ... +++ October 27, 2016 - ‘Out of touch’ Economist Ryan Straughn says the la ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Sutherland rubbishes Green Economy Scoping study Member of Parliament for St George ... +++

Turn of events

Two British nationals will appear in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court tomorrow on a charge of wilfully wasting police time.

The two, Tululla Salvatori, 27, and Edward Denney, 41, both residing at Sandy Lane, St James, were also assisting police with a fraud investigation tonight.

This turn of events follows a report made to lawmen by the two that about 3:10 a.m. on February 5 they had been assaulted by two armed intruders while at home in the upscale St James district and robbed of about $35 million in property. At the time, the would-be victims said they were relieved of an engagement ring valued at $12.8 million, a platinum necklace valued at $3.2 million, one Cartier platinum ladies’ watch valued at $19.2 million, one gold Rolex watch valued at $17,000, two iPads valued at $950 and $1,200 respectively and $2,000 in cash.

But today Acting Commissioner Of Police Tyrone Griffith cleared the air on the investigation at a hastily called media briefing at the Royal Barbados Police Force’s gazetted officers conference at the Courtyard by Marriott, Hastings, Christ Church.

“The force conducted thorough and extensive investigations into this matter. On February 12  [yesterday], the alleged victims were reinterviewed after investigators were in possession of certain information. The alleged victims, as a result, recanted their stories [and] they have since handed over to investigators iPads and a Rolex watch reported to have been stolen,” Griffith said, adding that the alleged robbery had created panic in the Sandy Lane and neighbouring communities.

Griffith also addressed a number of rumours that had been circulating regarding the Sandy Lane case and how it had been handled by lawmen.

“It [had] been stated that the force appeared inept to solve this crime, that we had foreign nationals, Argentinians, either suspected of committing this crime or were in custody. Thirdly that we solved this aggravated burglary quickly because of the status of the alleged victims. All of these are far from the truth. We police are without bias, and are committed to the highest standard of investigations. The Royal Barbados Police Force has always been committed to policing our island with fairness, impartiality and [professionalism], and we will continue to do so,” the top cop stated.;

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *