October 24, 2016 - Colombians arrested and charged Police have arrested and charged tw ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Man on firearm and ammo charge Police have arrested and charged 54 ... +++ October 24, 2016 - 62-year-old St Lucy resident missing Police are seeking the assistance o ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Today’s weather A tropical wave is affecting the is ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Police probe death at Golden Ridge, St George Police are investigating the sudden ... +++ October 24, 2016 - Possible funding for NGOs The Division of Economic Affairs ha ... +++

St Thomas woman killed in dispute with man

Another young woman has been killed in a dispute with a man.

Krystal Lovell, 22, was killed at her Highland, St Thomas home last night.

Police say initial investigations show that Lovell was involved in a dispute with a man around 9:10 pm when she was stabbed several times.

A man is in custody assisting with investigations.

34 Responses to St Thomas woman killed in dispute with man

1. Fran Henry
    Fran Henry December 2, 2013 at 7:07 am

This madness just needs to STOP. God help us all.

2. Nicole Griffith
    Nicole Griffith December 2, 2013 at 7:13 am

This is crazy…this is so prevalent in Barbados. I believe we need to start hanging again to curb these kind of actions.

3. Mrbarbados Rarone
    Mrbarbados Rarone December 2, 2013 at 7:14 am

a law needs to be put in place asap…..

4. Catherene Thomas
    Catherene Thomas December 2, 2013 at 7:17 am

Every week. Who give the right to take a life?

5. Seidre Smith
    Seidre Smith December 2, 2013 at 7:22 am

Every week something crazy happening!! Smh!

6. Takarah Brown
    Takarah Brown December 2, 2013 at 7:24 am

wow this is getting out of hand. the gov needs to put a law inplace and start meking examples of these cowards cause I can’t call them men. not one week pass reading the paper and you seeing a woman getting kill. Barbados is getting out of hand. I pray for my island

7. Tracey Skeete-Winter
    Tracey Skeete-Winter December 2, 2013 at 7:29 am

This is a trend now..this must stop in the name of Jesus

8. Carleen Shaw
    Carleen Shaw December 2, 2013 at 7:35 am

Just few days ago an 18 year old girl here in jamaica her baby daddy chop her to death then set her on fire

9. Veronica Straker
    Veronica Straker December 2, 2013 at 7:42 am

The laws need to be amended. Then all these cases are reduced to manslaughter by the DPP and these men getting as little as 5 years and re-entering society to kill again. Unless those in authority do more vigilante justice will rear it head in Barbados just now.

10. Leesah Powlett
    Leesah Powlett December 2, 2013 at 7:58 am

Our women need protecting! This is becoming an issue in our country! Too many women are being killed! #sosad

11. Andrea Carter
    Andrea Carter December 2, 2013 at 8:07 am

I said before and will again. The Barbados government needs to adjust their laws on domestic violence. Murder should automatically unless it’s self defense become twenty five to life or death depending on the circumstances. Some men there look at a woman as a prize that if they can’t have it no other will. The government is allowing this way of thinking by letting the men off with a slap on the wrist. That twenty five to life should be with out parole. To many ladies to many times in the past year.

12. Sharee Haynes
    Sharee Haynes December 2, 2013 at 8:09 am

Soon there will b none of us left these men just killin us out one by one my God yuh mean that’s the new trend now!!!!

13. Annosia Holder
    Annosia Holder December 2, 2013 at 8:10 am

up hay in a up roll….. i don’t know hear… some men feel them own a woman…… my girl gone…. she will be miss dearly still can’t believe this

14. Ingrid Hurley
    Ingrid Hurley December 2, 2013 at 8:25 am

How many more?

15. Justene Jade
    Justene Jade December 2, 2013 at 8:46 am

This is ridiculous…so sorry her daughter will be forced to grow up without her rip Krystal

16. Keisha Callender
    Keisha Callender December 2, 2013 at 8:47 am

17. Cas Triplett
    Cas Triplett December 2, 2013 at 8:54 am

If you and another cannot make it in a relationship. Splitting apart is the best answer. Not killing. Too many stories like this all over the world. Stop the Violence!!!

18. Aileen Forde-Smith
    Aileen Forde-Smith December 2, 2013 at 9:26 am

Utter nonsense, who is protecting the women of our country. I will add this, these men were raised by women, therefore those of us including myself who have sons need to be mindful of how we are raising our sons.

19. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward December 2, 2013 at 9:42 am

As a man I just don’t understand the weakness of these men who have been murdering these damsels. Man is to protect woman and child not kill or molest them. Unfortunately too many people have power but lack the understanding or willpower to use it constructively. I made a promise many years ago to myself. Should I wind up in a relationship whether intimate or platonic, where any dispute becomes violent, I would just walk away from it and never return. That promise has served me well over the years. Many would learn from my example.

20. Oneal Ward
    Oneal Ward December 2, 2013 at 9:49 am

Malina Juvi What you’ve said is very valid. Many men see a woman whom they’ve given money to as a financial investment. And in these tough economic times that investment needs to become a positive one with good returns. It’s not an excuse, but no wonder many situations turn out badly. When the money’s gone and the man is left with nothing but the woman has the freedom to flit around as she pleases, it can be very damaging to the ego of men who feel cheated. Believe me I know. But violence should not be the first or last resort.

• Stan Gilbert
      Stan Gilbert December 2, 2013 at 11:39 am

There is no excuse for murder full stop. Men are there to protect their women. Let the real men stand up and support their women in seeking justice.

• Cheryl A Rollins
      Cheryl A Rollins December 2, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Are you serious, damaging to the man’s ego? I think the whole lot of you need to grow up cause age is certainly not maturity.

21. Sharon Woolley
    Sharon Woolley December 2, 2013 at 10:19 am

Nothing will change until you give out longer spells in Dodds for murder, it should be a very minimum of 25 years, preferably life and I mean LIFE – it’s cheaper and more effective bring back capital punishment, why should you live to see another day if you murder ? the dead dont ever get a second chance and neither should a killer

22. Pat Lucas
    Pat Lucas December 2, 2013 at 10:21 am

This totally ridiculous!

23. Wendy Smith
    Wendy Smith December 2, 2013 at 11:33 am

Really, every week, ooh I’m so not messing with the men from my homeland. I feel so sorry and upset.

24. Stan Gilbert
    Stan Gilbert December 2, 2013 at 11:49 am

The women must unite and demand an end to this. The goverment is at fault . Protest in the strongest way . Enought is enought and let the real men support you. Respect for all women they the backbone of the country. No excuse for violence against women. Its only cowards and thugs commit these crimes. No mercy. End it now.

25. Tanja Adis
    Tanja Adis December 2, 2013 at 12:30 pm

WTF…these men is monsters….

26. Margaret Hunte
    Margaret Hunte December 2, 2013 at 1:31 pm

reply to Aileen Forde-Smith, it is true we as woman and mothers must be mindful of how we raise our sons cause no one else will.

27. Andrew December 2, 2013 at 4:52 pm

It’s time for us all to seek the guidance of the Father on high

28. Cheryl A Rollins
    Cheryl A Rollins December 2, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I am volunteering my services to pull that lever on the gallows. Trust me I would sleep very good at night without nightmares.

29. Queenie ShaSha
    Queenie ShaSha December 2, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Men got issues and I believe our men don’t kno how to express themselves…but also somone cud also say women need to make better choices in men….

30. Queenie ShaSha
    Queenie ShaSha December 2, 2013 at 9:19 pm

31. Sharleen Browne
    Sharleen Browne December 2, 2013 at 9:21 pm

how do you “like” this post tho??

32. easycare December 3, 2013 at 3:13 am

It’s a never ending tragedy worldwide. Is it due to a form of globalisation? What role each one of us should play?