October 27, 2016 - Lowe looking to protect the south coast A senior policymaker has warned tha ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Road Hockey 5s hit halfway mark After three weeks of competition th ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Sutherland rubbishes Green Economy Scoping study Member of Parliament for St George ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Switch to solar power still too expensive, complains Clarke Member of Parliament for St George ... +++ October 27, 2016 - TVET council looking to improve its offerings – McClean The Barbados Technical Vocational E ... +++ October 27, 2016 - Skills lacking A recent survey has found that Barb ... +++

Youth charged

Police have arrested and charged a male 12 year old juvenile with the offence of murder in relation to the unnatural death of Andagan Smith 14 years of Cyprus Street, Bridgetown, St. Michael, which occurred about 5.30pm on 1st November 2013, at the junction of Nelson Street and Waterloo Alley, Bridgetown, St. Michael.

The juvenile was brought into police custody accompanied by a number of attorneys-at-law on Saturday 2 November 2013, and is expected to appear at Court on Monday 4 November 2013.

David Welch Inspector

Public Relations Officer.

9 Responses to Youth charged

1. Kareen Griffith November 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Although I am still proud to tell an outsider that I am from St. Lucy Barbados. I am highly disappointed to hear of the decline of life on my once beautiful island.

2. Sandi Rhodes
    Sandi Rhodes November 3, 2013 at 11:48 pm

12 yrs old??? how sad!

3. Sharon Woolley
    Sharon Woolley November 4, 2013 at 3:22 am

What will they do to a 12 year old ? this child has to be locked away for many years, any normal child would have be frightened out of his life when he stabbed the first time, this boy has serious mental issue to repeatedly stab a so called friend several times and think nothing of it, let alone where the hell did he get the weapon ? unless something is done this boy will become a serial murderer in future years.

• Sharon Woolley
      Sharon Woolley November 4, 2013 at 6:49 am

At 12 years old he needs locking away for a long time, I agree he may have got the knife from home, but any normal 12 year old would not carry a knife let alone use it in a frenzied attack. Children do act impulsively, but the reality should have kicked in after the first time the knife went in for any normal child

4. Jo-ann B. Jordan November 4, 2013 at 5:40 am

Quite a lot of assumptions you are jumping to there, Sharon. Quite possibly, he got the knife from home. Children do act impulsively – unfortunately (and I AM speculating here) probably because of how he has seen conflict dealt with in his household this was his reaction to his conflict. He should not be “loss way” in whichever detention facility, but rather given the obvious help that he desperately needs. We have had grown men released from prison after serving their time. Why condemn this boy, this BOY to a life of being a serial killer? Could you not perhaps suggest he could be rehabilitated?

5. Jane Johnson
    Jane Johnson November 4, 2013 at 6:12 am

How awful, 12 years old, I have always said the American influence is too strong in Barbados , for instance every body goes to the bathroom, no body goes to the toilet what next

6. Nisha November 4, 2013 at 10:28 am

All we can do is continually prayer for this nation. When i heard about this i could not believe it was in Barbados. People its time we as a nation get back to God.

7. BREWSTER November 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I am shocked too. I was not expected this kind of news from Barbados. You would expect this in Europe or USA but never there. My heart goes out to the family of this young lad, who hasn’t even been given enough time to live life. So sad another youngster is to blame for such a viscious attack. Where the hell did this come from? Why was he armed? We need to STOP and REWIND and think about the signs that maybe could have prevented this happening. TV, violence on the island and the ghetto-ish behaviour and plain slackness that is going on in Barbados needs to be addressed from the Government down. When I come to Barbados I would like to think that is where I am and not in New York or Jamaica!!!!

8. Janice Gittens November 4, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Yes, I agree with the prior comments with exception to Brewster’s last sentence. There is no need to build up your favourite island /country by breaking another’s down. I was born and bread in Barbados… it dearly. Now lives in New York……love it dearly and vacations and have ties to Jamaica…… it just as dearly. These various island/country is not at fault and should not be subjected to your verbal abuse . Let’s put the blame where it belong…..on the perpetrators.