Top three winners of GBQC fund drive
The Give Back QC Pavilion Fund-Raising Drive has announced the winners of the grand prize draw, which was held on July 23, 2013 at the school’s Husbands, St. James campus.
Owen Ellis of Prospect, St. James won the grand prize of two tickets to London, England compliments Virgin Atlantic.
The second prize of a BlackBerry mobile phone went to Bernice Knight of Bank Hall, St. Michael, while Alicia Payser of Harts Gap, Christ Church won the third prize — one year of chicken compliments of Chickmont Foods.
The other prizes were:
* $1,000 voucher for luggage compliments Cave Shepherd & Co. Ltd. — Gloria Stevenson, Wildey, St. Michael
* Two standing floral patterned lamps compliments The Royal Shop — Randall Sandiford, Walkers Bay, St. Andrew
* Four tickets on Jammin’ Catamaran Cruises — Haydan Holder, 118 Casuarina Estates, St. Philip
* Dinner for two compliments Coral Reef Hotel — M. Catlyn, Felicity, Grazettes New Road, St. Michael
* Russell Hobbs kettle carafe compliments Carter’s — Glenda Hendy, Kirtons, St. Philip
Prizes were presented to the winners at Queen’s College on August 9.
The results of the first two interim raffle draw were:
On September 18, 2012: Janine Field won four tickets for TiAmi Cruises and on January 15, 2013, Keith Whittaker, won one buffet lunch for two, compliments The Atlantis Restaurant, St. Joseph.
The Give Back QC Pavilion Fund-Raising Drive has now raised just over $600,000 towards the $1.2 million needed for the construction of the building, which will dramatically change not only the school, but also the surrounding community and help move sport forward in Barbados.