NP boss’ home firebombed

PORT OF SPAIN – The house of NP’s chairman Neil Gosine in Valsayn was firebombed yesterday morning. A report said around 6 am, Gosine was awakened by a series of loud explosions and the smell of kerosene. When he checked, his living room was on fire.

He immediately notified the police and officers of the St. Joseph station and San Juan Fire Station responded. Senior Superintendent David Abraham, Sergeant Vetus Hernandez and Captain Mark Maraj also visited the scene.

But up to late yesterday evening, no suspects were held in connection with the firebombing. Meanwhile, a total of 88 people were arrested by the police yesterday for various offences during J’Ouvert celebrations in Port-of-Spain.

Five prohibited immigrants from Guyana and Jamaica were held at City Gate, two men were arrested for possession of marijuana and two men possession of weapons. Officers of the Inter-Agency Task Force were on patrol at the Beetham Gardens around midday when they arrested an 18-year-old man with a firearm. Another man was held with $1,200 in forged US currency while being searched at City Gate.

And a Laventille man was hospitalised after he was stabbed in the neck during an argument at Ariapita Avenue in Woodbrook. Akile Langton reportedly had an altercation with several men when he was stabbed.

He was taken to Port-of-Spain General Hospital for medical treatment, police said.

A Belmont man is fighting for his life after he was stabbed five times in his back yesterday morning during a fight at Independence Square and Charlotte Street, Port-of-Spain.

Devon Celestine was hospitalised at Port-of-Spain General Hospital he was stabbed during an altercation with several other men. A police officer who was nearby fired several shots in the air. One of Celestine’s attackers was reported to have been wounded as he attempted to flea the scene, police said. (Trinidad Guardian)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *