Two accused of 23 killings

NASSAU — Two 22-year-old men in police custody are connected to at least 23 murders, Commissioner of Police Ellison Greenslade announced yesterday.

Greenslade said the men will be charged with at least five of those murders at the end of the week.

Police pointed to several of the murders the men were allegedly involved with.

They are accused in the murders of Kenton Dion “Emperor” Knowles, 40; his son, Dario Knowles, 25, of Step Street, Fox Hill; police reservist Dennis Clarke, 56; Garth Major, 41; Neremy Noel, 35; Union Village community leader Neil Percentie, 35; Oslworth Belle; Bahamasair pilot Lionel McQueen, 29, and Montez Saunders, McQueen’s cousin and roommate.

Police arrested one of the suspects, a resident of southern New Providence, Sunday morning for questioning in connection to Dario Knowles’ murder, Greenslade said.

He said that arrest led to the capture of a second man of eastern New Providence that afternoon.

The 23 murders were committed in southeastern and eastern New Providence over the last two years, according to Greenslade.

He promised to speak more in depth to the matter at a later date.

“Emperor” Knowles, 40, was killed by machine gun fire last July, while riding a motorcycle near the roundabout at Faith Avenue and Milo Butler Highway. No one has so far been charged with his murder. (Nassau Guardian)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *