News Feed

October 23, 2016 - Barbados welcomes MV Viking Star The MV Viking Star docked for the f ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Griffith wins BLP nomination in St John   Charles Griffith will repres ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Hudson Griffith withdraws from BLP nomination for St John seat     As supporters of the ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Chelsea thrash Mourinho’s United 4-0 Source: AFP- LONDON, United Kingdom ... +++ October 23, 2016 - Relief on the way, says BWA The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) ... +++ October 23, 2016 - SSA board could face legal action, Comissiong warns Outspoken social activist and attor ... +++

Two held in murder probe

Police and mortuary personnel remove the country’s latest murder victim from the scene on Kenwood Road yesterday.

NASSAU — Police have arrested two people, a man a woman, in connection with the country’s latest murders, head of the Central Detective Unit Superintendent Paul Rolle said yesterday.

Rolle said police were questioning a 29-year-old woman in connection with the killing of Gregory Sands. Sands, 55, was found in a lot on Kenwood Street just after noon on Sunday with blunt force trauma to the face, according to police.

Police suspect that he was bludgeoned and confirmed that a bloody rock was found next to the body.

“Based on our suspicions we think she will lead us to the killer,” Rolle said.

Sands, a resident of the Dean Granger Home, moved out of the Wulff Road area decades ago but continued to visit the community, his family said.

Police were also questioning a 31-year-old man of Flamingo Gardens in connection with the death of a person who was found burnt beyond recognition on Cat Island last week. The body was reportedly chopped up.

Mobile Division officers picked up the man shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday.

Rolle said police believe the suspect fled to New Providence from Cat Island late last week, shortly after the killing.

Police found the body off a dirt path in Devil’s Point, Cat Island, just before midnight on Thursday.

Although the body has yet to be identified by police, the family of missing man Fordace Moncur believe he is the victim.

Moncur went missing on October 5.

The construction worker was last seen by family when he left his house to go to a local washhouse, family said, but never returned home.

“He was the only person reported missing from here within the past two weeks,” said Fordace’s cousin Philip Moncur. “It is believed to be him.” (Nassau Guardian)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *