News Feed

October 28, 2016 - Case dismissed The case brought by the Ministry of ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Employees pampered As Education Month draws to a close ... +++ October 28, 2016 - ‘Take big view of agriculture’ GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands– Sta ... +++ October 28, 2016 - NUPW reacts to Lowe’s comments on privatization The island’s largest public secto ... +++ October 28, 2016 - BUT warns of new militant approach The Barbados Union of Teachers (BUT ... +++ October 28, 2016 - Cameron expresses confidence in Windies women KINGSTON, Jamaica – West Indi ... +++

Bahamian killings continue

NASSAU — A man was shot to death last night, becoming the country’s 77th murder victim for the year.

Details were sketchy up to press time, but police said they responded to reports of gunshots shortly before 8 p.m. last night off East Street and Coconut Grove Avenue in the area known as the ‘Big Yard’.

The Nassau Guardian understands that the victim was shot at least six times in the upper body.

Superintendent Clayton Fernander said police did not have a motive and appealed to members of the public to come forward with any information.

The Nassau Guardian understands that the victim was 29-year-old Raymon Thompson.

Last year this time the murder count was 87.

Founder of Families Of All Murder Victims, Khandi Gibson, was on scene with a grieving family member.

Gibson said she got a call that someone was killed and immediately caught up with the family.

“I have to be the strength and support for them,” she said last night. “I know what they are going through.”

Gibson lost her two brothers and stepson to violent deaths, and formed FOAM last month to act as a support group for families who lost loved ones in similar fashion. (Nassau Guardian)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *