News Feed

February 6, 2016 - Road fatality on ABC highway Road fatality on ABC highwayPolice ... +++ February 6, 2016 - IPL – Delhi Daredevils pay top dollar for Brathwaite IPL – Delhi Daredevils pay to ... +++ February 6, 2016 - Indian businessman acquires Barbados Tridents Indian businessman acquires Barbado ... +++ February 6, 2016 - Boyce: “Treat public with dignity” Boyce: “Treat public with dig ... +++ February 6, 2016 - From sugar to tourism –– PM’s tale From sugar to tourism –– PM’s ... +++ February 6, 2016 - PSV spokesman comments on dress code PSV spokesman comments on dress cod ... +++ February 6, 2016 - PM off to NY for DLP sip PM off to NY for DLP sipPrime Minis ... +++ February 6, 2016 - Dear, Piggott back Jones’ statement Dear, Piggott back Jones’ stateme ... +++ February 6, 2016 - Stuart welcomes new US envoy Stuart welcomes new US envoyPrime M ... +++ webdesign

School accused of sex abuse cover-up

School accused of sex abuse cover-up

Penn State Football coach Joe Paterno enters a car after leaving his home to attend practice in State College, Pennsylvania, November 8, 2011.

PHILADELPHIA — Penn State leaders including the late football coach Joe Paterno covered up Jerry Sandusky’s sexual abuse of children for years, showing a callous disregard for the victims to protect a multimillion-dollar football programme, former FBI director Louis Freeh said yesterday.

Laying out the conclusions of his eight-month probe into the Sandusky scandal, Freeh singled out former university President Graham Spanier for criticism. He said a collective failure to stop Sandusky allowed the former assistant coach to continue luring victims for more than a decade, although Spanier disputed some of Freeh’s conclusions.

“Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky’s child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State,” Freeh said. “The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimised.”

Sandusky, 68, was convicted last month of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years and faces up to 373 years in prison. He filed his intent to appeal the conviction yesterday. (Reuters)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *